Online Blackjack - A Thrill Every Time!
Counting up to 21 is a fairly average skill in life - but if you can count up to 21 in an online casino, you could be taking home huge winnings! That's because adding card values up to 21 is the main skill needed in blackjack - and once you can master that, you're golden, and your bank balance is too!
Canadian online casino players have long been mesmerized by the game of real money blackjack - a relatively simple one to learn, but a deceptively complex one to master. And it's this unique blend of skill and chance that keeps players like yourself coming back for hand after hand of this action-packed game. Want to get in on the action right now? Our recommended CA online casinos each have an exclusive seat free for you at their blackjack tables - just logon, sit down and start playing!
How to play online casino blackjack
You may have heard of similar types of games to Blackjack before - like Vingt et Un, 21, or Pontoon, for example. Blackjack has undergone many evolutions since first originating in the 1600s, but one core principle has always been the same - if the cards in your hand total 21, that pot is yours for the taking!
It's perhaps the simplicity of blackjack that has contributed to its popularity over the years. If you're a beginner, there are no complicated or intimidating strategies to learn - just count up to 21 and you're in with a chance. Usually at a casino you would have to wait for a seat at a real cash blackjack table, as there are always crowds of people eager for their chance at the prize money. At an online casino however, there's no waiting needed. You'll be welcome at the blackjack tables whenever you logon - just sit down and start playing straight away.
At the beginning of your hand, you'll be dealt two cards face up. These are the cards you'll use to start building your blackjack hand. To count the value of your cards, simply look at the number on each of them:
- Cards numbering 1 to 9 are worth their face value
- Face cards are worth 10
- Aces are worth either 1 or 11 (known as a soft or hard Ace respectively)
Once your cards have been dealt, there are a number of options available to you:
- Hit: Ask for another card. You can ask for as many extra cards as you like, provided your card value total doesn't go over 21 (this is known as 'going bust').
- Stand: You're happy with your cards, and don't need any more.
These are the most basic Blackjack moves, and when you're starting out, there's not much more to it than that. However, once you're familiar with online casino blackjack, you may want to try a slightly more advanced strategy in order to rake in more winnings:
- Double Down: When doubling down, you'll opt to only receive one more card after your initial hand is dealt. Your bet will then be doubled, and you'll have to play your hand according to whichever card is dealt next. It's a risky strategy, but one that can pay off if you use it at the appropriate time.
- Split: Keep an eye on the first two cards you're dealt - because if they're of equal value, it means you can "split" your hand into two, and play two hands at once. Your bet will increase accordingly, but so will your winnings if you manage to play both hands successfully. One initial hand, two potential winning outcomes!
As you can see, while the basics of real cash blackjack online are easy enough to learn, there are more complex strategies that you can put into play in order to improve your skill sets, challenge you as a player and multiply your bankroll exponentially. Online casino blackjack for real money has always been a thrilling game, and it's one that's here to stay. So if you're looking for an action-packed casino experience that can't be beaten, take a look at our reviews of the best blackjack online casinos to play at, and sit down to high-energy winnings!
It's also worth trying your hand at casinos offering 'live dealer' play - these mean you can play from the comfort of your home with the interaction of a real dealer. Have a look at our live dealer blackjack page to find out more.